Also: A new Glodroid release, Kupfer progress, updates to the Gentoo overlay for PinePhone (Pro), and more!
Commentary in italics.
- This Week in GNOME: #103 Flowing Information
- Phosh.mobi: Phosh 0.29.0 Notch support, easier audio device selection, ... nice!
- Nate Graham: This week in KDE: Akademy approaches – Adventures in Linux and KDE 1
- KDE Announcements: KDE Gear 23.04.3
- Volker Krause: May/June in KDE PIM
- Tobias Fella: libQuotient version 0.8 released
- Carl Schwan: Kirigami Addons 0.9.0
- adampigg: Bringing up the camera on the #pinephonepro and #sailfishos
- adampigg: #KDE project Tokodon mastodon client running on #sailfishos
- Breaking updates in pmOS edge: Phosh top bar is borked with notch phones and custom margins
- Kupfer: v0.2.0-rc3: fastboot flashing, Plasma Mobile, abootimg rename
- Gerben Jan Dijkman: "I've update the kernel to 6.4 …" - GJDWebserver Mastodon
- Angelo Verlain: "some photos of Muzika running …" - mas.to
- Project Insanity: "Tried the new version of Gnome…" - chaos.social
- Tow-Boot: 2022.07-006: The late upgrade. For other bootloader news, see below!
- Lemmy - linuxphones: Tow-Boot release 2022.07-006: The late upgrade
- Phoronix: Tow-Boot Downstream Of U-Boot Updated After Long Hiatus
- Phoronix: Imagination GPUs With PVR Vulkan + Zink Working Well For OpenGL 4.6
- Phoronix: F2FS Prepares Some Minor Improvements For Linux 6.5
- Phoronix: Mediatek Gains Stateless AV1/HEVC Codecs, Intel Atom ISP Driver Getting Fit
- Matrix.org: This Week in Matrix 2023-07-07. Some Nheko news in that one!
- Lemmy - linuxphones: What do you all use? And can you use your phone as a daily driver?
- Lemmy - linuxphones: Nexus 5 ported to Mobian
- Devuan Image builder script for PPP and Librem5
- Robert Mader: "One of the issue preventing #L…" - FLOSS.social
- Phones (Librem 5),- Purism community: Sdcard becomes read-only after waking up from suspend
- Phones (Librem 5),- Purism community: Suspend Background Applications
- Phones (Librem 5),- Purism community: Searching for the complete BM818 modem manual
- megis PinePhone Development Log: Sneak peek of rk2aw – what's comming up soon While I get why tow-boot boots from eMMC by default, I like that Megi makes a different choice - it fits my "have a solid, set up system on eMMC; have fun on microSDXC approach way better - I often forgot to press volume down on every reboot while experimenting on the PinePhone Pro and ... it annoyed me. Update: Context by samueldr. Thanks for explaining! To be clear: I agree with the default, I am just unhappy with my ability to remember pressing a button while tinkering with things that require rebooting frequently (e.g., cameras on the PinePhone Pro).
- samueldr: 2023-06-announcement-tow-boot.md · GitHub Bus factors need to be lowered!
- David Revoy: Lenovo Yoga 370 on GNU/Linux: technical companion article
- The Evil Skeleton: Problems With Not Raising Awareness and Protecting Marginalized Groups in FOSS
- LINux on MOBile: Three Years of Weekly Updates on GNU-like Mobile Linux: Let's summarize and celebrate!
- sadfwesv: rk2aw - RK3399/3566/3588 boot priority changing tool (microSD first)
- Continuum Gaming: Continuum Gaming E371: Sailfish OS Shake Torch
- LinuxStuff: Droidian - Fingerprint authentication - Pixel 3a (Bonito) Cool!
- Mobile News & Reviews: Flashback: phones that weren’t, part 3: making a new smartphone OS is hard
- Baonks 81: i3wm + MATE 120dpi n7 2012 grouper kernel-6.1.0-postmarketos-grate on Ubuntu - Archlinus ARMv7
- Janus Cycle: Taming Nokia's Wildest Linux Smartphone. Missed this when it came out.
Huge thanks to Plata for the nifty set of Python scripts that speed up collecting links from feeds by a lot.
Something missing? Want to contribute?
If your project's cool story (or your awesome video or nifty blog post or ...) is missing and you don't want that to happen again, please just put it into the hedgedoc pad for the next one! Since I am collecting many things there, this get's you early access if you will ;-) If you just stumble on a thing, please put it in there too - all help is appreciated!
This post was added shortly after the initial publication.