Check out the video secting for a DIY handheld and don't miss things like push notifications in Worth Noting.
Commentary in italics.
- This Week in GNOME: #97 GNOME Latam 2023. I definitely need to try Halftone for Linux Phone Apps.
- Felipe Kinoshita: "An update on Flash Cards! I go…"
- Nate Graham: This week in KDE: Night color on Wayland with NVIDIA
- Volker Krause: April/May in KDE Itinerary Itinerary keeps getting better. If you have not tried it yet, please do - it's such a neat travel assistent (also on Phosh/GNOME).
- k3yss: Google Summer of Code Introductory Blog #1 Exciting work on Tokodon!
- Qt blog: May 26th, 2023: Qt 5.15 Standard Support for Legacy License Holders Ends Today
- MauiKit blog: Maui Release Briefing # 2 Looking good!
- adampigg on twitter: One of the first images of #SailfishOS on the @hello_volla X23 .... let the debugging commence!
- mkiol: "#Papago for #SailfishOS just r…"
- Ubuntu Touch Forums News: OpenStore Planned Downtime May 28th
- Jozef Mlích: Nemomobile in May/2023
- neochapay on twitter: #Nemomobile qt6 controls: Poring progress 70%
- postmarketOS Blog: Call For Testers
- Breaking updates in pmOS edge: postmarketos-hidden-desktop-entries removed
- vacuumbeef: "I DID IT 📱 #PocoX3Pro #Droid…"
- phone-devel: [PATCH v2 0/5] Enable PMI8998 charger on supported devices
- phone-devel: Re: [PATCH 3/8] arm64: dts: qcom: msm8916: Fix regulator constraints
- PinePhoneOfficial (Reddit): USB-C meltdown Hm...
- Purism (Reddit): Purism updated their refund policy (again) and it's not beneficial to customers (again) This subreddit really should be renamed to PurismHateFest or something. That said, changing refund policies retroactively is generally a shitty move.
- Purism (Reddit): Linus Tech Tips / TechLinked calls out Purism for their scam tactics (timestamped)
- Purism community: How to file bugs or feature requests?
- Phones (Librem 5),- Purism community: Positive experience with the librem5 and some minor feedback
- Purism community: Where to start with new phone This thread comes with some good recommendations!
- Purism community: Creating Folder
- Martijn Braam: "Some push notifications :D ". Nice!
- LinuxPhoneApps.org: "CSS, revamped packaged_in taxo…" Slow progress is progress, too.
- Megi is doing something with uboot on the PinePhone Pro
- Thomasz Dunia: Droidian – Debian for mobile devices. Nice post!
- Purism: Librem 5 Product Report and Roadmap for 2023
- David Bombal: Kali NetHunter Pro in 6 minutes
- QuasiOS: Intro til Librem 5 smartphone - giver dig privatliv og ejerskab. Norwegian?
- WelltonCostadoOliviera: Mobian no meu Poco F1 - Boot
- Continuum Gaming: Continuum Gaming E365: Sailfish OS – Picross (2?)
- Prend Workbench: I Made a Mini Laptop from an Old Smartphone Complete With Keyboard, Touchpad and USB Hub 3.0 - YouTube Cool project!
- Just Steve: Acer Iconia Tab A500: Android 3.2.6 and postmarketOS dualboot
- Alice Williams: yea I wanna make my own x86-based phones (phosh + DDLC)
- Volla: Volla Community Days '23 – Day 2 - Cutie Pi Shell
Huge thanks to Plata for the nifty set of Python scripts that speed up collecting links from feeds by a lot.
Something missing? Want to contribute?
If your project's cool story (or your awesome video or nifty blog post or ...) is missing and you don't want that to happen again, please just put it into the hedgedoc pad for the next one! Since I am collecting many things there, this get's you early access if you will ;-) If you just stumble on a thing, please put it in there too - all help is appreciated!