Gaming hardware, GNOME being Public Interest Infrastructure, a talk about the Sustainability of Linux Mobile, a blog post about Megapixels and more!
Commentary in italics.
- This Week in GNOME: #121 Public Interest Infrastructure Glad GNOME is getting some German tax payer money, it's well deserved! Also, I really look forward to Fractal 5, and there's more exciting stuff in this one!
- Guido Günther: We're tracking wlroot's git on #phoc's main branch now: https://gitlab.gnome.org/World/Phosh/phoc/-/merge_requests/463 . #phosh #bananui
- Nate Graham: This week in KDE: Wayland by default, de-framed Breeze, HDR games, rectangle screen recording – Adventures in Linux and KDE
- Nate Graham: November Plasma 6 update
- Volker Krause: Porting KDE Android apps to Qt6/KF6
- KDE Announcements: KDE Gear 23.08.3
- Jonathan Esk-Riddell: qqc2-breeze5-style 6 Alpha
- KDE Announcements: KDE's 6th Megarelease - Alpha
- flypig's Gecko log: Day 83. Great Progress!
- flypig's Gecko log: Day 82
- flypig's Gecko log: Day 81
- flypig's Gecko log: Day 80
- flypig's Gecko log: Day 79
- UBports News: Ubuntu Touch OTA-3 Focal Release
- Ubuntu Touch Forums News: Volla Phone 22 Raffle Winner
- Ubuntu Touch Forums News: Focal 20.04 OTA-3 Available Now
- fredldotme: Fresh from the lab: sudo-less installation of Snaps, plus those which include special user/group daemons.Required the polkit-agent treatment for Lomiri first and some light patching on the snapd side for allowing Cups and other privilege-dropping daemons.
- phone-devel: [PATCH v4 0/6] support oneplus-lemonade(p) devices. lemonade is OnePlus 9, lemonadep is OnePlus 9 Pro.
- Phoronix: Vulkan 1.3.270 Released With New Imagination Extension To Help OpenGL Emulation
- Phoronix: Mesa 23.3-rc3 Released As The Stable Version Nears
- Phoronix: Rust-Written GUI Toolkit Slint 1.3 Brings Initial Android Port, Native Styles On Windows
- Phoronix: FFmpeg 6.1 Released With Vulkan Video Decoding, VA-API AV1 Encode
- Matrix.org: This Week in Matrix 2023-11-10
- Matrix.org: Call for Participation to the FOSDEM 2024 Matrix Devroom
- Matrix.org: The future of Synapse and Dendrite
- vacuumbeef: "Update for my #Phosh overlay hacks, in the end I decided to go with gestures using lisgd gesture daemon from #SXMO…"
- Popolon: "#Osmin source code (available in AUR, for Arch Linux and Manjaro), is a #LinuxMobile #OpenStreetMap based #Cartography & #Routing software.…"
- minute: "i validated the quectel EM06 m…"
- redstrate: "Time for some reminiscing: It's been almost a full year since I started contributing to #KDE 's #Tokodon!…"
- Popolon: "#GTK4-demo “Transitions and Effects” on #PinePhonePro #LinuxMobile, still not all GLSL functions are implemented sadly.…"
- Jozef Mlich: "We have also Mobile Linux stand at #OpenAlt…". Nice!
- justsoup: "#Lomiri runs surprisingly well on Alpine Linux!…"
- Hector Martin: "So apparently WPA3 is just outright broken on Raspberry Pi: https://rachelbythebay.com/w/2023/11/06/wpa3/ Good for me, means I can re-send our patch that rips out the (now confirmed useless and non-functional) Cypress WPA3 support and replaces it with the Broadcom WPA3 support that does actually work on Broadcom chips in Apple machines.…". Including this since Librem 5 (with SparkLAN card) and the PinePhone Pro also use Broadcom WiFi/BT chips.
- PINE64official (Reddit): vccq mod os support?
- Purism community: Reverse Tethering using nmcli
- Mobian (Mastodon): @fosdem developer rooms have been announced!After a crammed half day of talks on #LinuxOnMobile last time, we are very happy that there will be a full Sunday dedicated to mobile topics around true Linux OSes at #fosdem2024.We will announce a Call for Participation as soon as it is published. We will coordinate with our Friends at @postmarketOS, #SailfishOS, etc to put together something interesting.https://fosdem.org/2024/news/2023-11-08-devrooms-announced/ I'll definitely attend, see you there! (Or before at 37C3).
- Martijn Braam: Megapixels 2.0. TL;DR on the fediverse; personal note: Thank you, Martijn, for all your hard work!
- Akselmo: First week of fulltime KDE
- Tenstral: AppStream 1.0 released!. This is really exciting, at least for me, for one particular reason!
- Liliputing: Ubuntu Touch OTA-3 released with support for over two dozen devices (including the PinePhone and PinePhone Pro) - Liliputing. For more on this, check the Ubuntu Touch segment above!
- Nicole Faerber at SFSCON: Can we sustain Software Freedom in the mobile world?, Talk page Thanks, Evangelos, for posting about this!
- UBports: Ubuntu Touch Q&A 127
- Adam on Linux: Weird Pinephone issue
- Linux Stuff: Droidian - Pixel 3a XL (Bonito) - Camera and SIM Data Nice!
- Cloudy Coder: How To Install Ubuntu Touch On Your Phone in 1 Minute (English)
Huge thanks to Plata for the nifty set of Python scripts that speed up collecting links from feeds by a lot.
Something missing? Want to contribute?
If your project's cool story (or your awesome video or nifty blog post or ...) is missing and you don't want that to happen again, please just put it into the hedgedoc pad for the next one! Since I am collecting many things there, this get's you early access if you will ;-) If you just stumble on a thing, please put it in there too - all help is appreciated!