An elefant in the room, Fairphone 5 USB Display awesomeness on mainline, and an interesting video section.
Commentary in italics.
The Raspberry Pi 5 was introduced this week, only including this here because I am pretty sure that eventually people will be building phone-ish DIY devices with it. It's said to eventually feature suspend, making the DIY RPi Phone thing more viable than ever.
- Liliputing: Raspberry Pi 5 offers 2X the performance, 2X the RAM, and a 1.7X price hike (starts at $60)
- Phoronix: Raspberry Pi 5 Benchmarks: Significantly Better Performance, Improved I/O
- Phoronix: Raspberry Pi 5 Graphics Continue With Open-Source Driver & Crazy Fast Compared To RPi 4
- phone-devel: [PATCH 0/2] dts: qcom: enable flash LED on OnePlus 6 and PocoPhone F1
- phone-devel: [PATCH v5 0/2] leds: Add a driver for KTD202x
- phone-devel: [PATCH 0/7] Input: synaptics-rmi4: add quirks for third party touchscreen controllers
- Breaking updates in pmOS edge: deviceinfo moved from /etc to /usr/share/deviceinfo
- Pine64-Arch: Arch Linux ARM - 2023-09-25
- This Week in GNOME: #115 Modern Monitoring
- tchx84: Flatseal 2.1.0
- Marcus Lundblad: Maps and GNOME 45
- Tobias Bernard: GNOME 45 Release Party & Hackfest
- Nate Graham: This week in KDE: time for the new features
- Volker Krause: August/September in KDE Itinerary
- redstrate: My work in KDE for September 2023
- Nate Graham: A bit on sponsorship and money
- Carl Schwan: Matrix Community Summit and KDE Promo Sprint in Berlin
- Phoronix: KDE Plasma 6.0 Ends September With Many New Features & Enhancements
- adampigg: My #SailfishOS ports for the following devices are now updated to 220.127.116.11:Fxtec Pro1 and Pro1x, Volla, Volla X and Volla 22
- flypigs Gecko log: Day 46
- flypigs Gecko log: Day 45
- flypigs Gecko log: Day 44
- flypigs Gecko log: Day 43
- flypigs Gecko log: Day 42
- Unofficial Ubuntu Touch for PinePhone (Pro): v0.10
- UBports - Mastodon: The second video of the #UbuntuTouch #App #Development series is already live on our youtube page:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zLynpdxmn4
- Jozef Mlich: Nemomobile in September 2023
- Phoronix: wlroots Merges Wayland Tearing Control Support
- Phoronix: VP8/VP9's libvpx 1.13.1 Released Due To A High Severity Vulnerability
- Phoronix: Mesa 23.2 Stable Released For Improved Open-Source Vulkan & OpenGL Drivers
- Matrix.org: This Week in Matrix 2023-09-29
- Plasma Mobile :kde:: "In case anyone wants to help, here is a list of Plasma Mobile apps that still need to be port to Qt6:…"
- Luca Weiss: "A sign of DisplayPort over USB-C (external display) working with the #mainline kernel on the recently launched #Fairphone 5!…"
- patrixl: "hello little guy! Thanks for calmly posing and letting me move my #librem5 within just a few cm!…". Nice photo!
- GeopJr: "#Tuba v0.5.0 is now available,…"
- Oliver Smith: "No matter how good AI image ge…"
- Pascal Garber: "🚀 Check out PaperPlane, a slee…"
- Guido Günther: I had already disabled automatic HighContrast in #phosh but the last days were so ☀️ that I flipped it on again.Thankfully this doesn't need any
gsettings set sm.puri.phosh automatic-high-contrast trueanymore but can be done conveniently in the mobile-setting's sensor panel added by @devrtz in 0.29.0.
- PINE64official (Reddit): Would these modifications make the PinePhone Pro more usable?
- Purism community: Is it planned the full transition to PipeWire (and dropping PulseAudio)? And when?
- Purism community: Toolbar less user friendly after latest FF update
- Purism community: New debian package prepuse
- Purism community: Would a USB NFC reader work with Waydroid on the L5?
- Lemmy - linuxphones: How to disable Pinephone notification LED on PostmarketOS?
- Lemmy - linuxphones: Dual booting Droidian and AOSP Vanilla ROM on spes
- Phoronix: Canonical's Snap Store Hit By Malicious Apps
- axionfield: Automatically reboot after 3 bad auth, Gemini native.
- canute: Dual Boot Linux and Android on spes. spes means Redmi Note 11.
- bilelmoussaoui: The journey of an open source contributor
- anarc.at: How big is Debian?
- Purism: Librem 11 Memory Adventures
- postmarketOS Podcast: #34 Events, Fairphone 5, FF UA, SDM845 CI & Camera, MSM8953, Initramfs. Great episode!
- UBports: Ubuntu Touch Q&A 124
- Lup Yuen Lee: Apache NuttX RTOS for PINE64 PinePhone
- Lup Yuen Lee: PinePhone Touchscreen on NuttX: Handling MIPI DSI, Display Engine and I2C Touch Input
- Flax: Pinephone video recording Not too bad!
- SecTipsPro: From Pocket to Pentest: Installing Kali Linux on PinePhone Pro #kali #mobilesecurity #pinephone
- Anino ni Kugi: #NoTapJustSwipeChallenge | Ubuntu Touch
- Tong Zou: Intex Aquafish (Sailfish OS) unboxing + overview
- Tong Zou: Nokia N810 (Maemo), Nokia E7 (Symbian^3), Nokia N9 (MeeGo), Intex Aquafish (Sailfish) comparison
- Tong Zou: ZTE Open C (Firefox OS) vs Samsung Z1 (Tizen OS) comparison + overview
- Laurent Pinchart: Implementing ISP algorithms in libcamera, more info.
- Greg KH: Demystifying the Linux kernel security process, more info.
- Debconf23: The Year of Linux on Desktop^WMobile
- Collabora: Mobian: to stable... and beyond! | FOSDEM 2023. In case you missed it in February.
Huge thanks to Plata for the nifty set of Python scripts that speed up collecting links from feeds by a lot.
Something missing? Want to contribute?
If your project's cool story (or your awesome video or nifty blog post or ...) is missing and you don't want that to happen again, please just put it into the hedgedoc pad for the next one! Since I am collecting many things there, this get's you early access if you will ;-) If you just stumble on a thing, please put it in there too - all help is appreciated!