Progress on NuttX on PinePhone, on FreeBSD on PinePhone Pro and a great episode of the postmarketOS podcast.
Commentary in italics.
First things first
- @email@example.com: We are rapidly approaching three years of Weekly Updates on #LinuxMobile! :tux: 📱🎉 Please help on with coming up a nice summary of all that time to celebrate! The pad for this is at https://pad.hacc.space/5g5RIS0qSh2hoPhMzCsL9w?both# Thank you, @Blort for the great idea!
- Guido Günther: Simplifying audio device selection in #phosh (which also needs a tweak in #pipewire to get nice icons on #LinuxMobile too):, phosh MR: https://gitlab.gnome.org/World/Phosh/phosh/-/merge_requests/1277pipewire MR: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pipewire/pipewire/-/merge_requests/1646(sorry for the repost, had to convert video as it otherwise wouldn't be picked up correctly)
- Nate Graham: This week in KDE: SDDM
- Volker Krause: Shared locations in NeoChat
- Nate Graham: On the road to Plasma 6
- KDE Announcements: KDE Plasma 5.27.6, Bugfix Release for June
- Camilo: "now MauiKit3 (qt5) and MauiKit4 (qt6) can live together…" - Fosstodon
- Jozef Mlich on Fosstodon: You can watch my #DevConf #NemoMobile talk on YouTube. I apologize for the poor sound quality during the demo part. It was my fault.Link: https://www.youtube.com/live/tfBFaEXsRck?feature=share&t=13764 (starts at 3:49:24)The @devconf_cz is also continuing today. Check out the live streams at https://www.youtube.com/@DevConfs/streams.
- Droidian Blog: State of Droidian - Week 25, 2023
- Breaking updates in pmOS edge: Phosh black screen after update
- Mobian: "Mobian now supports the #PineTab2…" - Fosstodon
- Mobian: "Please do not use the post-bookworm release installer images for SD -> SD installs for the moment.…" - Fosstodon
- LinuxPhoneApps.org: Apps: Reminders
- LinuxPhoneApps.org: Apps: Teleprompter
- LinuxPhoneApps.org: Apps: Footage
- LinuxPhoneApps.org: Apps: Speech Note. Video below!
- LinuxPhoneApps.org: Apps: Imaginer
- LinuxPhoneApps.org: Apps: Junction I finally managed to add a few apps again. There's more to come.
- DrRac27: "I published a new version of m…" - Fosstodon
- phone-devel: [PATCH v2 2/3] remoteproc: qcom: q6v5-mss: Add support for SDM630/636/660
- phone-devel: [PATCH v2 1/3] dt-bindings: remoteproc: qcom,msm8996-mss-pil: Add SDM660 compatible
- phone-devel: [PATCH v2 3/3] arm64: dts: qcom: sdm630: Add support for modem remoteproc
- phone-devel: Re: [PATCH v3 0/6] Add support for Qualcomm's legacy IOMMU v2
- Phoronix: Mesa Turns To BLAKE3 For Faster Vulkan Shader Hashing
- Phoronix: FLAC 1.4.3 Released With More Optimizations, Drops PowerPC-Specific Code
- NuttX RTOS for PinePhone: The First Year
- 'PinePhone Pro Boots On CURRENT' - FreeBSD current Mailing List
- Matrix.org: This Week in Matrix 2023-06-23
- Matrix.org: Beeper joins the Matrix.org Foundation About time!
- Matrix.org: Announcing the Matrix.org Foundation Membership program!
- Robert Mader: "Another thing I forgot to ment…" - FLOSS.social
- Robert Mader: "Just came home and there are g…" - FLOSS.social
- Lemmy - linuxphones: Why are there no phones that support convergence/desktop mode?
- Lemmy - postmarketOS: Since postmarketOS v23.06, the GNOME Mobile shell has been available for all users. Try it out, and lets start a conversation on how we can make it better for everyone.
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: Apparently Flappy Bird is 10 years old this year. It reminded me of my crappy ncurses remake I did back in 2014. Now it reacts to mouse input and does haptic feedback when played on a phone 😂 https://gitlab.com/dosowisko.net/flasciibird #flappybird #mobile #games #librem5 #shotonlibrem5
- JF: "We've just released InfiniTime…" - Mastodon::codingfield
- Carl Schwan: My generic Open Source Project FAQ
- FSF blog: Frans de Jonge tells us about KOReader in this AGPLv3 interview — Free Software Foundation — Working together for free software. This is a bit older, but KOReader is really a great piece of software. I would hate my jailbroken Kindle Paperwhite 4 without it!
- Drew DeVaults blog: Reforming the free software message
- postmarketOS Podcast: #32 GNOME Mobile 2023 Hackfest Special, Great episode!
- Lemmy - postmarketOS: #32 GNOME Mobile 2023 Hackfest Special
- Julian: "I got @mobian running on my #P…" - Fosstodon
- M: Quick Droidian (Phosh/Sway) showcasing and experiments on the F(x)tec Pro1, a keyboard slider phone
- D.I.Y infinity: device ubuntu touch1. Nice build!
- Unboxing Tomorrow: Linux-Based Pinephone as a Desktop
- LinuxOwO: Google Pixel 3a postmarketOS Demo (Desktop KDE Plasma)
- fabrixxm: Confy 0.7.0-3064be4 quick tour
- mkiol: Speech Note - Offline Speech to Text and Text to Speech on Linux
Huge thanks to Plata for the nifty set of Python scripts that speed up collecting links from feeds by a lot.
Something missing? Want to contribute?
If your project's cool story (or your awesome video or nifty blog post or ...) is missing and you don't want that to happen again, please just put it into the hedgedoc pad for the next one! Since I am collecting many things there, this get's you early access if you will ;-) If you just stumble on a thing, please put it in there too - all help is appreciated!