Also: Sailfish OS progress on PINE64 devices, releases of mmsd-tng and vvmplayer, a talk about Maemo Leste and a lot more.
Commentary in italics.
- megi's PinePhone Development Log: Pinephone kernel news and some bits about the keyboard, too. Lots of great improvements for PinePhone and PinePhone Pro.
- This Week in GNOME: #72 Automated Testing
- GNOME Shell & Mutter: Automated testing of GNOME Shell
- halting problem: On PyGObject
- Plasma Mobile: Plasma Mobile Gear ⚙ 22.11 is Out
- Nate Graham: This week in KDE: custom tiling
- dot.kde.org: KDE's End of Year Fundraiser is Live
- Nate Graham: Help KDE hire more people!
- KDE Announcemnets: KDE Plasma 5.26.4, Bugfix Release for November
- Volker Krause: October/November in KDE Itinerary
- Nemo Mobile UX team: Advent of code
- Nemo Mobile UX team: Nemomobile in November 2022
- neochapay on twitter: RT by @neochapay: The elves at the development station have been busy at work, thank you @neochapay @xmlich02 and others! https://nemomobile.net/pages/advent-of-code/
- neochapay on twitter: First MR with new UI of #nemomobile https://github.com/nemomobile-ux/glacier-home/pull/208
- Phoronix: NixOS 22.11 Released With Better AArch64 Support, NVIDIA Open GPU Kernel Driver Option
- Manjaro PinePhone Plasma Mobile: Beta 13. Note: This does not contain the latest Plasma Mobile Gear improvements yet.
- Manjaro PinePhone Plasma Mobile: Release 202211270709
- Guido keeps working on his toy project phosh-osk-stub: Opportunistic completion and emoji are the highlights this week.
- If Visual Voicemail is your thing, you'll love the 2.0 release of vvmplayer that was tagged this week.
- kop316 also released mmsd-tng 2.0, for people that love or are forced to use MMS.
- Librem 5 call audio should now be improved.
- megi's PinePhone Development Log: Pinephone kernel news and some bits about the keyboard, too. Just in case you missed it above.
- Purism: Purism at “Le Capitole du Libre” in France
- Purism: Special Year End Promotion for Librem 5 USA
- Drew DeVaults blog: I shall toil at a reduced volume. Sad, but I get it.
- Late Night Linux – Episode 205. Nice segment on postmarketOS!
- Linux Action News: Linux Action News 269. Ubuntu Touch OTA 24 is the relevant bit in this one.
- PINE64: Quarterly Community Q&A [Live Stream]
- Billy Blackburn: Using a terminal to browse the web
- BeeBom: This Linux Tablet Destroys iPad? About the FydeTab Duo.
- V45370: An alternative to a Raspberry Pi 3 (Lenovo A6000 + PostmarketOS)
- AgarNoobYT: Installing Postmarketos on lt023g aka 'Samsung Galaxy tab 3 7.0" - Part 1
- Openfest Bulgaria: An in depth look at Maemo Leste Merlijn Wajer Nice talk!_
- Bryan Lunduke: A Smalltalk SmartPhone: The "SqueakPhone"
- Twinntech: Give the Pinephone 4 Xmas 2022 Grumpy old man is back, watching videos and commenting them!1
Huge thanks again to Plata for a nifty set of Python scripts that speeds up collecting links from feeds by a lot.
Something missing? Want to contribute?
If your project's cool story (or your awesome video or nifty blog post or ...) is missing and you don't want that to happen again, please just put it into the hedgedoc pad for the next one! While we were early this week, we will be delayed to Monday next week).
PS: I'm looking for feedback - what do you think?
Honestly, I did not watch this, and you likely should not watch it either.