Camera stuff, why mainlining matters, booting on Pro1X, convergence, GNOME Maps going GTK4, GTK 4.8.0 ... :-)
Commentary in italics.
- Not happy with the PinePhone's front camera? There may be hope: gc2145 camera driver (front camera on PinePhone) — Linux Kernel
- The Pro1X can now boot postmarketOS!
- This Week in GNOME: #60 Demo Day.
- GNOME Shell & Mutter: GNOME Shell on mobile: An update. Impressive progress! Regarding GNOME Shell on mobile vs. Phosh, read my take on Reddit.
- Sébastien Wilmet: Crediting people
- Marcus Lundblad: Maps goes four. Curious how this will do on mobile!
- Nate Graham: This week in KDE: Getting Plasma 5.26 ready
- KDE Announcements: KDE Gear 22.08.1
- KDE Announcements: KDE Plasma 5.25.5, Bugfix Release for September
- Phoronix: Qt 5.15.6 LTS Open-Source Version Released
- mardy: MiTubo 1.3: sorting of QML ListView via Drag&Drop
- UBports News: Ubuntu Touch Q&A 120
- Glodroid v0.8.1 Released. This release does not contain pre-built images yet, so trying it will require more effort than usual.
- postmarketOS starts to work on packaging Gnome Mobile
- ... and may soon to release it
- NuttX RTOS for PinePhone: UART Driver. It's working now!
- Matrix.org: This Week in Matrix 2022-09-09
- Nheko 0.10.1 Released, The addition of matrix community editing support is exciting!
- Kyle Rankin on Purism forums: UPERFECT X Mini lapdock works with Librem 5. Convergence, so nice! The matrix chat had an interesting detail regarding attaching the phone to the side of the screen with a magnetic smartphone mount, that might rekindle my own Lap Dock use.
- Gpodder Adaptive 3.11.0+1 released on Flathub. If your distribution does it ship it, this will enable you to get it installed easily!
- Phalio: Sxmo. Some tips and tricks to improve/customize your Sxmo experience.
- Pinephone Pro cameras now work with stock Megapixels!
- Anjandev Momi: The Pinephone Pro, PostmarketOS, and Why Mainlining Phones is Important Interesting arguments about the long-term support of linux phones, definitely worth a read.
- LINMOB.net: Sunday Morning Experiment: Video recording on the PinePhone. If you're interested in this, learn Czech and follow OpenAlt next weekend. ;-)
- Linux, Daily: JingOS might not be dead yet? by Linux, Daily.. Nice new podcast by Niccolò Venerandi!
Sxmo micro laptop
- fabrixxm: Gtk4 wip pixelfed client on pinephone
- Jhony Kernel: postmarketOs nokia n900 2022
- LaryWulf: #shorts postmarketos on old phone from 2015 😎hacks
- Anino ni Kugi: Sapot Browser | More Features, More Fun, More Bugs???. Looks amazing!
Huge thanks to hamblingreen, Link Collecting Padawan, and Niko and possible further anonymous contributors for helping with this weeks update - and to Plata for a nifty set of Python scripts that speeds up collecting links from feeds by a lot.
Something missing? Want to contribute?
If your project's cool story (or your awesome video or nifty blog post or ...) is missing and you don't want that to happen again, please get in touch via social media or email - or just put it into the hedgedoc pad for the next one!
PS: In case you are wondering about the title ...