Crickets, tumbleweeds, ... just listen to the new episode of the postmarketOS podcast! Oh, and there are good news regarding Kupfer!
Commentary in italics.
Hardware that might be interesting
- CNX Software: $150 InkPalm Plus eReader features RK3566 SoC, 5.84-inch display. Likely this is just my unhealthy obsession with epaper devices, but assuming the bootloader is somehow unlockable, this might be an interesting little gadget!
- megi's PinePhone Development Log: Pinephone Pro camera pipeline testing app. If I were at home, I would have tested this by now - it all sounds quite promising. I hope the source code of the app is going to be released soon!
- megi's PinePhone Development Log: Pinephone Pro camera improvements.
- This Week in GNOME: #45 Timeout!. Not much on the mobile front, but it's nice to see Workbench progress!
- chergert: Builder GTK 4 Porting, Part V.
- chergert: Builder GTK 4 Porting, Part IV.
- Danigm: GNOME Outreachy 2022. Translations matter!
- halting problem: Amberol.
- Aman: Beginning my GSoC'22 journey with GNOME. Looking forward to Google-funded non-Google Sync options for GNOME Health!
- Nate Graham: This week in KDE: Resizable Plasma panel pop-ups.
- KDAB: KDE Frameworks - Part 3
- KDE.news: KDE does Google Summer of Code 2022. Spaces for Neochat, nice!
- TSDgeos' blog: Akademy 2022 Call for Participation is open.
- KDE Eco: Energy Consumption Lab Is Ready For FOSS Community! Dispatch From The Sprint. Saving power is good for mobile, so let's have this post and two more reports:
- Volker Krause: KDE Eco Sprint May 2022.
- Nico's blog: KDE Eco Sprint 2022.
- Nemo Mobile: Nemomobile in May 2022.
- Kupfer Blog:
reboot()- The Future Of Kupfer. There's also a nice new page explaining Kupferbootstrap now!
- Phoronix: Linux 5.19 ARM Excites With Apple M1 NVMe, 12 Year Old Multi-Platform Achievement.
- Phoronix: MediaTek Vcodec Driver Adds Stateless VP8/VP9 Support In Linux 5.19.
- HazardChem/PinePhone_Keyboard: Configs and settings for the PinePhone Keyboard - PinePhone_Keyboard - Codeberg.org. This seems to be a helpful project! I don't have my PinePhone Keyboard at hand (and won't for a while), so I can't really comment on how well things work, but still!
- PinePhone Pro Lapdock Arch/Plasma Working - r/pinephone. For those who care about convergence, this is likely lovely news!
PinePhone Pro and other Cameras
Ricing Sxmo + Sway
- Porky of the Pine: How to Rice Your SWMO. In case you want to rice your Sway-based Sxmo!
Librem 5 reporting
- janvlug.org: One week Librem 5 field trial – day 5 to 29.
Call for feedback
- Purism: Introducing AweSIM, Simple Plus and SIMple Plans for Securing Your Phone Data. I've only included this because I must know if that pricing is somewhat competitive in the US, and how bad privacy violations on other US operators are - please tell me about it! (Context: I am paying 10 Euro for 10 GB/months + unlimited calls and SMS, and Germany is considered a relatively expensive territory compared to other European Countries when it comes to mobile service pricing.)
RISC-V or a DevTerm review
- Talospace: Mini-review: The Clockwork Pi DevTerm R-01, or RISC-V on the go. Well done! In case someone wonders: While running DanctNIX Phosh in a convergent setting, my PinePhone (AllWinner A64) scored 3769.08 iterations/second.
- postmarketOS podcast: #18 Biktor's Story, v22.06, SDM845, MSM8916, Bluetooth HFP. Great episode!
- Сергей Чуплыгин: fixed orientation.
- Сергей Чуплыгин: glacier-gallery simple image edition.
- Jozef Mlich: Header indicator.
- zülkarneyn kaf: Sailfish OS Sony Xperia 10 III Android App. If you were wondering how well that Android Compatibility layer works: It's pretty good!
Wayland and Plasma
- KDE Community: KDE Goals interview: Wayland with Méven Car
If your project's cool story (or your awesome video or nifty blog post or ...) is missing and you don't want that to happen again, please get in touch via social media or email!