Weekly Update (13/2022): SailfishOS 4.4, phoc 0.13.1, JumpDrive but implemented in Go and lots of PinePhone Pro videos!
Table of Contents
Also, LinuxPhoneApps.org is finally live and lists over 360 apps!
Commentary in italics.
DIY PinePhone Hardware enhancements
- xnux.eu log (megi): Keyboard light. Reminds me of IBM's ThinkLight, great idea!
- phoc 0.13.1 is a minor release, read the full release notes for details.
- This Week in GNOME: #37 Absolutely Serious!. Nice progress!
- Nate Graham: This week in KDE: Progress on gestures and 15-minute bugs!. Gestures are sure welcome for everyone who tries to use Plasma Desktop on a tablet!
- Qt blog: Shell Extensions in Qt Wayland 6.3.
- u-pine, a go based JumpDrive alternative.
- Jolla blog: Sailfish OS Vanha Rauma brings in several new features and improvements. It's out of Early Access!
- UBports blog: TET-Update 2 aka 0010: Learn to set up your develop environment for Ubuntu Touch apps.
- TuxPhones: Two new Linux handhelds with nostalgic vibes.
Check the date
App lists and such
- LinuxPhoneApps: Hello World 👋. There's still a lot to do, with to do items well beyond what's in the issue tracker. Let me know what you think!
- FossPhones: Linux Phone News - March 29, 2022
- postmarketOS podcast: #16 SDM845, mrtest, PinePhone keyboard, Chromebooks, PowerVR. Another great episode of my favorite Mobile Linux podcast!
Libre Planet Sxmo
- Anjandev Momi: Sxmo: Freedom on mobile devices through simplicity and hackability. Great Talk!
PinePhone Pro with Phosh
- Wolf Fur Programming: Phosh Pine phone Pro. Nice video of Manjaro Phosh!
- socketwench: PinePhone Pro and Pine Keyboard Week 1 Review. _
- Bitter Epic Productions: Installing Phosh on the PinePhone Pro: WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW. So funny!
Mobian vs Droidian
- Linux Stuff: PinePhone Pro (Mobian) vs Pixel 3a (Droidian). Interesting comparison!
Adjusting Phosh for the Keyboard
- (RTP) Privacy Tech Tips: Phosh Changing Scale For More Desktop Look. Nice!
Mobian on Pocophone F1
- Ivon Huang: 手機Linux系統: Mobian (Debian) on Pocophone F1.
PinePhone Pro Dev Stream
- Supositware: Doom 3 (dhewm3) on the PinePhone.
- baby WOGUE: GNOME 4 will come with improved consistency (beyond software). Sounds sane!
- Drew Naylor 2: RetiledActionCenter demo #1: Flashlight Toggle Showcase.
If your projects' cool story (or your awesome video or nifty blog post or ...) is missing and you don't want that to happen again, please get in touch via social media or email!