Lately, I did not manage to properly promote every app that I added to LINMOBapps, the app list you can now find under appl.ist.1 In this post I will list the apps that have been added to the list. I also want to share my further plans for this list.
Apps that have been added
- Metadata Cleaner, a GTK GUI to view and clean metadata in files,
- Ambience, a GTK/libhandy GUI to control LIFX lights,
- Cawbird, a GTK twitter client that works great on PinePhone,
- Decoder, a GTK4/libadwaita app to scan and generate QR codes,
- Health, a GTK4/libadwaita health tracking app,
- Mt, a terminal app written in GTK and Rust,
- Dino, the libhandy branch of a great XMPP client,
- Cuttlefish, a GTK4/libhandy PeerTube app,
- Lord Almighty’s Modern Bible (LAMB)2, a QtQuick bible app,
- Media Server Connect (MSC)2, a simple QtWebEngine web app to connect to Emby servers,
- Home Assistant Connect (HAC)2, a simple QtWebEngine web app to connect to Home Assistant servers, and
- ABV Calculator2, something with alcohol.
- Pikasso, a Kirigami drawing app,
- Kairo, a programmable timer,
- Qwertone, a fun little GTK musical instrument that's rusty,
- Castor, a Gemini, Gopher, Finger browser,
- Master Key, a password generator (GTK and libhandy),
- GPodder Adaptive, a fork of the GTK gpodder app that uses libhandy to fit phone screens,
- PassUi, a GTK gui for pass,
- pass-manager-compact, _another GTK gui for pass,
- caerbannog, yet another GTK gui for pass, and my favourite of the ones listed,
- Weather Mobile, a GTK4/libadwaita weather app written in Rust,
- Notejot, a note taking app,
- Spot, a Spotify Premium spotify music player that by now has a flawless mobile UI and is written in Rust,
- eOVPN, a GTK Open VPN setup GUI that also works ok on phones,
- Crow Translate, a Kirigami translation frontend for use with Google, Bing or Yandex translate and
- siglo, a WIP GUI for InfiniTime sync.,
I did a few adjustments to ratings, added a few package names, and more. You can look them up by going through the commit history. That aside, I tried to add appstream:// links to allow easier install via Discover or GNOME Software, but ... see below.
Aside from a lot of apps listed in tasks.md that are waiting to be added, there are quite a lot of things I want to do.
I think that it's necessary to go through all the listed apps again, to check for broken links (and maybe add some), review the descriptions and check whether they have been packaged meanwhile.
Also, I want to add freedesktop.org categories and Additional categories. Transitioning the "License" field over to SPDX identifiers is also planned. Adding URLs for appstream yaml files (per project) is another task, but I am not sure whether I will take this on with this revision.
That aside, it's time to transition over to something different. There's been a plan for a long time, if you're interested in helping cahfofpai3 and me, check the WIP project out. As with all things LINMOBapps, help is highly appreciated!
In fact, I might be able to even "pay" major contributors for this – I'll use the LBRY fantasy money and potential BTC donations (yes, LINMOBapps has a Bitcoin address now) for this.
A lot has been added, and there's a lot to do. I hope to make this a tradition and share progress and plans again in two months.