It’s sunday. Now what happened since last sunday?
Sxmo on Arch Linux ARM, UBports OTA 16, Libhandy 1.2 and more! Commentary in italics.
Software development and releases
- Kongress 1.0.1 is available. Just a bug fix release.
- AudioTube, a new app to play Music from YouTube, has been announced.
- GNOME Podcasts 0.4.9 has been released.
- Libhandy 1.2 has been released.
- The Ubuntu Touch OTA-16 Changelog has been published on the UBports forums. This is an impressive change log. Please note that the usual OTA schedule does not apply to the PinePhone.
- sxmo-alarm, a script to get Sxmo running on Arch Linux ARM, has been released.
- /u/ilovelinuxporn: Wine x86 running at near-native speeds without qemu! (Tutorial coming soon). This is something to watch.
- /u/Moxvallix: A list of PinePhone compatible games (contribution welcome). Nice list!
- Adrien Plazas: lWhat’s New in Libhandy 1.2.
- FOSS Adventures: Real Linux on a Smartphone: PinePhone and openSUSE Tumbleweed. _
- InfoWorld: PinePhone: A Linux smartphone a developer could love. Nice introductory article.
- Purism: App Showcase: Tootle. Tootle has really come along nicely.
- fedora Community Blog: “Houston, we have video”: Matrix video calls on the PinePhone. Another rehash of last weeks news.
- PineTalk 004: GPU-o-Rama. In this fourth episode, Ezra and I discuss news and community suggestions. Give it a listen!
- TechHut: Nextcloud + Minecraft Server on a Linux Phone!? PINEPHONE Stress Test!. It’s a nice idea, but I would rather recommend to run these services on a Single Board Computer.
- Glenn Hancock: Mobian on the Pinephone Review 2021. Nice video!
- Glenn Hancock: Pine64 Pine Phone Motherboard replacement. How to disassemble a PinePhone to send in the mainboard.
- Privacy & Tech Tips: Howto: Compiling Sourcecode On LInux/Pinephone/Pinetab/Raspberry Pi. Nice tutorial! A natural follow up to this video would be videos that instruct people to use cmake or meson and ninja.
- Lucas Pires Camargo: booting postmarketOS on the Nokia N9. Nice to see postmarketOS booting on Nokias last Linux Phone.
- Bryan Olson: Pine Phone. The possibilities are endless!. A UBports edition, now? Interesting.
- UBports: Ubuntu Touch Q&A 96. Another interesting update.
Stuff I did
No content this week. Sorry.
Three new apps have been added, one via merge request (thanks, cahfofpai!) one on external suggestion by its author (thanks, The3DmaN!) and a little maintenance happened. I also added some more PKGBUILDs. Please do contribute!