It’s sunday. Now what happened since last sunday?
Phosh 0.7.0, PineEye and more. Commentary in italics.
- Phosh 0.7.0 has been released, adding automatic media mounting, initial support for background XML, handling of per app
show-bannersnotification setting and fixes for swipe window closing. Read the full changelog for more details.
- ThatGeoGuy: Librem 5 Evergreen vs. Pinephone (Part 1 of ???). A comparison article you might want to read, although it leaves some questions unanswered.
- openSUSE news: Advancing openSUSE Images for The PinePhone. Nice article on slem.os.
- Open VoIP alliance: Pinephone: Open ecosystem & hardware.
- LinuxSmartphones: PineEye is a DIY thermal camera add-on for the PinePhone. PineEye is a cool project.
- Purism: Preventing Fragmentation with the Librem 5.
- Mrwhosetheboss: Are Linux Smartphones about to KILL Android?. This video has a click-baity title and I don’t agree with much of it, but it’s always interesting to get opinions from those who are not a part of the Linux bubble.
- Purism: Convergent App Development. Nice video!
- Gardiner Bryant: You’re WRONG about Linux phones. I would have preferred to see more of the Phones, but still, nice video!
- GeoTechLand: Ubuntu Touch On Pinephone: Calls & Text.
- HomebrewXS: Gnome Shell on the PinePhone.
- PanzerSajt: Mobian on PinePhone pairing AirPods Pro.
- Pedro Francisco: Vistazo al PinePhone Manjaro, For those who can understand Spanish, I thought. As Blort™ pointed out on Mastodon, there’s not much Spanish in it, but it’s a nice walkthrough.
- Calling All Platforms Tech: PinePhone Unboxing.
- Kip: Ubuntu Touch vs SailfishOS side-by-side on the F(x)tec Pro1 keyboard slider phone. There has to be a video every then and now that’s not about the PinePhone or the Librem 5.
Stuff I did
No videos, no articles, no time.